Therapy can be very subjective based on each individual and personality. Not everyone feels free to talk with the therapist at the begin which can be hard if you are willing to make some changes but are just not open enough about your feelings yet.
The new generation is all about healing and creating a safe space around them by indulging in activities they like or creating an aura for themselves to relax and stay calm.
Here is a blog curated for those who want to try different activities that are creative and indulging. You never know, you might even find your hobby.
- DRAW IT OUT This is the best possible way to rekindle the joy of doodling. You can bring back the child in you and start drawing from different perspectives. You don’t have to be good at drawing for this, all that is required is your emotions, some colors pencils, and depict them through symbols or scribbles. This could be one of the best therapeutic activities that you could try when you feel low.
- TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT Trying something new can release all the stress and be therapeutic as you don’t have to be a master at it or be perfect. Trying something new could bring a different perspective in you all together as your mind becomes more curious and excited all again. You never know you might find your new hobby and be good at it.
- SPEND SOME ALONE TIME Spending some alone time might not be therapeutic activity but it sure can bring out a different side of and know yourself better. We all agree on the fact that at the end of the day it is up to you and your choices that your life depends on and no one else. So spending some alone time can bring that edge that you are looking for and help you relax and realize a lot of things.
- STICK TO ROUTINES Having a routine can get you out of bed and ready for the day. Run errands for the house, clean up that messy room, cook a delicious meal, and head to work or study. This will bring a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day a be a lot more therapeutic than you realize.
- INDULGE IN CRAFTING Crafting can be one of the best therapeutic activities that could try. It enhances the creative mind in you and teaches you to focus on a project for a long time. It can improve your patience level. Crafting can be of any kind like pottery, collage making, building a treehouse, etc.
- GET SOCIAL We need not be an extrovert to be in a social atmosphere or be social as a whole. Being social may not exactly be peaceful or a therapeutic activity but trying to build a circle plays a key role. Having a social circle can make you feel less alone. You could explore different people and learn different skills and discuss various topics that might intrigue you.
- READ Reading is a really good way to improve your knowledge in various fields or activities. Books have various genres that you explore starting from fiction to science fiction. Reading helps you relax and improves your imaginary skills which are good for your mind.
- CREATE AN AMBIANC Creating peaceful surroundings matters a lot. It is important to declutter every day so that you can find all that is required when you need them. Clean the room, light some candles, put on some essential oil, and relax or meditate.
These are some of the therapeutic activities that you can try for your mental wellbeing and sanity. Therapeutic activities need not be something that is out of the box and complicated. You can start by trying something small and silly. If you like the process of it, it is well and good and if not, you can always shift your focus and try something different.